Minar de Lake stands for ‘the palace on Vembanad Lake’. We take every care to treat our guests the way that befits royalty. Our on-board facilities and services stand a class apart in making your experience more personal and meaningful. We take immense pride in constantly improving upon our own high standards of service and customer delight.
Reception and Airport/Railway Station transfer
We are happy to receive you the moment you set foot in Kerala. Our personnel shall meet you at the airport/railway station and accompany you to our guest lounge and boarding point along the backwaters in air-conditioned cabs.
|Nearest Airport||Nearest Railway Station||Nearest Bus Stand|
(85km¦53 miles)Thiruvananthapuram- ‘TRV’ (152km ¦94 miles)
|Alleppey – ‘ALLP’
(7km ¦ 4.3 miles)
(2km ¦1.2 miles)
Lounge and Boarding Facility
Attached to our office we have a lounge and boarding facility facing the beautiful backwaters of Alleppey. The Minar de Lake Management team spends some time here with our guests before taking you on a tour of the houseboat and familiarising you with the facilities on the boat. If you have travelled in a private vehicle to our boarding point, our facility also has a large parking area that is guarded 24 x 7 by security personnel.
Minar de Lake houseboats provide a luxurious experience for our guests and we take care to ensure that you have a good time with us. The interior facilities on the boat are akin to leading star hotel rooms.
- Comfortable AC rooms
- Hygienic Bio-Toilets and Shower
- 24 hour electricity and clean water
- Colour Television and Cable connection
- DVD Player
- Board games and books (Upon prior- request)
- Internet connection (Upon prior-request)
- On-call crew who speak English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam
The Royal Feast
Our team of expert chefs ensure that you experience the true cuisine of Kerala with a variety of dishes.
- Welcome Drinks – Tender Coconut or Fruit Juice
- Kerala style Lunch (Sadhya) with Fresh Fish dish (for guests with Non-vegetarian preference)
- Special Kerala Tea/Coffee with Savoury dish
- Dinner – North Indian dishes with Bread (Roti) and South Indian dishes with rice
- Traditional Kerala Breakfast
Safety and Security Arrangements
The houseboats are very safe and maintained to perfect condition. Our boats have been on the lake for a record 300+ days in a year due to their fitness. We have also taken care of your safety and security on the boats so that you can sit back, relax and enjoy the cruise.
- Fire Extinguishers
- First Aid Kit
- Medical Assistance on call
- Crew well-trained to handle medical emergencies
- Mosquito and Insect Protection
- Classical Music
- Traditional Folk Music